The best marketing campaigns are the ones that are constantly being tweaked and optimized to improve their results. This is known as Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). If you’re not currently getting the best results from your marketing efforts, you need to take a good look at what you’re doing and make some changes.
- Improve your landing page – Your landing page is the page that someone will reach after clicking on your marketing campaign. This should not be your home page. It should be a page which specifically focuses on a product or service that you sell. Make sure the content on your landing page reflects the copy in your marketing campaign. There should be symmetry so that someone clicking through to your website knows they’re in the right place.
- Adjust your audience – If you’re running paid ads or carrying out SEO work, make sure you’re targeting the right audience and the right keywords. Don’t be afraid to test new audiences and look for additional opportunities. You need to think about what interests your ideal customers and what they’re searching for when they’re looking for your products or services.
- Change your frequency – Is your audience seeing marketing communications from you regularly? If you don’t send out regular emails, it’s easy for your business to escape the minds of your ideal customers. Make communication a regular thing with your audience and you’ll increase your chances of generating more sales.
- Increase your budget – Sometimes your marketing budget isn’t quite high enough to get the results that you want. If we take paid ads as an example, you may have a budget that is too small to be able to compete for popular keywords. When this happens, your budget is used up too quickly in the day and then your ads stop being visible.
- Try something new – If a marketing method just isn’t working for your business and you’ve given it a reasonable period of time, don’t be afraid to try something different. There are a lot of ways that every business can be marketed and the right option for your competitors isn’t always the right option for you. Sometimes doing something different can help you to stand out even more with your ideal customers.
Every business owner wants to get the most bang for the buck when it comes to marketing strategies and solid results. The key to improving your marketing ROI is to practice ongoing measurements of the results and make adjustments to your marketing strategies accordingly. Winning campaigns can only be found via consistent measuring and optimization which will collectively reveal what works and what doesn’t.